Note: This post is related to the Facebook Cause Contest, America’s 2009 Giving Challenge. Help JFA today!
Some of you may remember a similar Challenge that JFA participated in last year. The 2009 Challenge is the same in most ways but there are several significant changes. Here’s a summary:
- The daily competition clock starts ticking at 2pm CST and stops at 1:59pm CST the following day.
- Gifts must be made online; only cards with a Visa or MasterCard logo may be used for the Challenge
- The daily $1000 winner is the Cause with the highest number of unique daily donations (i.e. one donation from one person for that day).
- AN IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE is that the same credit card cannot be used to record more than one donation FOR THAT DAY.
- The number of donations (not the donation dollar amount) gets counted each day and the Cause with the highest number of donors on a given day receives $1,000; 2nd highest each day receives $500.
- The donation count from each day is totaled over 30 days and Causes with the highest total of all of the unique daily totals wins from $10,000 to $50,000 on November 6, 2009.
- Example: Mark gives one gift of at least $10 to Make Abortion Unthinkable. Mark has increased that day’s count by 1 and the grand prize total by 1. Alison gives 5 gifts of $10 on one day to Make Abortion Unthinkable. Even though she gave 5 gifts of $10, Alison has increased that day’s count by 1 and the grand prize total by 1. Lauren gives 5 gifts of $10 on 5 different days. Each of those five days, Lauren increased that day’s count by 1, but Lauren has also increased the Make Abortion Unthinkable’s grand prize total by 5.
- The point: The more days on which you can give $10 the better.
- Want to give more than $10? You are welcome to give it in one lump sum (we’re very thankful for your help!), but keep in mind that the same amount of money can help us win the Challenge if you give it in $10 amounts on separate days.
- Want to give every day? Give $10 or more each day (one daily donation per person is counted toward the $50,000 challenge)
- Want to give once or a few times? Give on our $1,000 “push” days:
- You can view our push days here: Calendar Link
- So, the push days are the 24-hour period beginning on the following days at 2:00 PM CST: October 14, 15, 17, 18, 21, 22, 24, 25, 28, 29, 31 and November 1, 4, 5
- You can give without a Facebook account.
- You can give through your Facebook account: Find the Make Abortion Unthinkable Cause and join it. Click the green donate button (halfway down the page). Make sure that your name is in the upper-right-hand corner of the “Now taking you to the donation page” box. Make sure that “Make Abortion Unthinkable” is the Cause you’re donating to. Fill out your credit card information and click “Donate.” You should receive a receipt from “Network for Good,” the organization that processes the donations and sends your donation on to JFA.
- Note: Multiple people in one family who use the same credit card on a given day to give multiple gifts only count as 1 gift. If you are asking another family member to give, that person will need to use his/her own Facebook account and use a different credit card.
- Contest Website: http://www.causes.com/index.html
- Contest Rules: http://www.causes.com/agc/rules
- Give through Facebook: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/54876
- Give without Facebook: https://www.causes.com/fb/donations/new?as_id=&protocol=https&id=54876&cause_id=54876&as_type=
- JFA’s Facebook Calendar link: http://www.jfaweb.org/Facebook/FacebookCalendar.pdf
- Questions? Call 316-683-6426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org