[Quick Links: Book Steve / Bio PDF / Sample Introduction / Promo Pics / What People Are Saying about Steve’s Work / Steve in Action: Audio/Video / Interviews & Podcasts / See Steve in “Unborn in the USA” / Professor Jon Shields Comments on Steve, STR, and JFA / Books, Articles, Blog Posts]
Stephen Wagner is the Executive Director of Justice For All, an organization that trains thousands to make abortion unthinkable for millions, one person at a time. He has spent hundreds of hours interacting with abortion-choice advocates on over 30 university campuses in the United States and Canada.
Frustrated by shallow stereotypes and disrespectful activism, he passionately works to build common ground in the seemingly endless abortion debate and make a reasonable and clear case for the pro-life position. He has debated professors at the University of Toronto and California State University and regularly trains students at the Focus Leadership Institute of Focus on the Family.
Steve is the author of Common Ground Without Compromise: 25 Questions to Create Dialogue on Abortion (2008), and he contributed to Apologetics for a New Generation (2009) and the Youth Apologetics Study Bible (2010). A native Californian, Steve now resides with his wife, Rebeccah, and their four children in Wichita, Kansas.
Presentations, Seminars, Workshops
Steve is available to speak to your group. See the Justice For All “Invite a Speaker” page.
Positions and Experience
- Executive Director, Justice For All (2014-present)
- Director of Training, Justice For All (2009-2014)
- Bioethics Associate, Stand to Reason (2001-2008)
- Has spent over 400 hours in conversation with average Americans about abortion and human rights.
- Common Ground Without Compromise: 25 Questions to Create Dialogue on Abortion (Stand to Reason Press, 2008).
- “Abortion and Common Ground,” in Apologetics for a New Generation, ed. Sean McDowell (Harvest House, 2009)
- Youth Apologetics Study Bible (2010) – Contributor
- Editor and principle author of Abortion: From Debate to Dialogue – The Interactive Guide, which in its various versions has been used to train thousands of pro-life advocates through JFA’s seminar-and-outreach training program since 2005.
- “Is Elective Abortion Wrong?” vs. Wayne L. Sumner, University of Toronto
- “Is Elective Abortion Wrong?” vs. Sara Waller, California State University Dominguez Hills
- Has spoken to 25,000 at the Cotton Bowl (Dallas, TX)
- Has trained pro-life students and participated in large-scale debate on over 30 major university campuses (see full list below)
Praise from Academia
- Jon Shields (Assistant Professor of Government at Claremont McKenna College) gave Steve’s work a positive review in two publications: a book entitled, The Democratic Virtues of the Christian Right (Princeton, 2009), and a peer-reviewed journal, Society (March 2006)
- University of Southern California (summa cum laude)
- Studied philosophy at Talbot School of Theology
- A California native, Steve now resides with his wife Rebeccah and four children in Wichita, Kansas
- Steve is the second of seven kids.
- In his spare time, Steve enjoys good coffee and conversation, marveling at the improvisations of his kids, writing songs, living in community, and thinking of ways to surprise people.
- Blog and Links: www.hbmm.net
- Networking: www.facebook.com/steve.wagner, www.twitter.com/stephenmwagner
Full List of College Communities in which Steve Has Spoken, Trained, Led Open Microphone Dialogue Sessions, or Participated in Formal Debates
- CA – UCLA
- CA – UC Santa Barbara
- CA – UC San Diego
- CA – Cal. Polytechnic Univ., San Luis Obispo
- CA – Cal. State Univ. Los Angeles
- CA – Cal. State Univ. Dominguez Hills
- CA – Cal. State Univ. Long Beach
- CA – Pasadena City College
- CO – Colorado State Univ. in Fort Collins
- CO – Univ. of Northern Colorado (Greeley)
- CO – Metropolitan State College of Denver (also: University of Colorado, Denver)
- CO – Univ. of Colorado, Boulder
- CO – University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
- MO – Univ. of Missouri (Columbia)
- TX – Univ. of Texas, Austin
- TX – Univ. of Texas, San Antonio
- TX – Texas A and M
- TX – Univ. of North Texas (Denton, TX)
- TX – Univ. of Texas, El Paso
- KS – Wichita State University
- KS – Kansas State University
- KS – University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS)
- KS – University of Kansas Medical School (Kansas City, KS)
- KS – Benedictine College
- NM – Univ. of New Mexico (Albuquerque, NM)
- NM – New Mexico State Univ. (Las Cruces, NM)
- AZ – Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ)
- AZ – Univ. of Arizona (Tucson, AZ)
- OK – Oklahoma State University
- OK – University of Central Oklahoma
- OR – Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR)
- NC – North Carolina State University
- NC – Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Ontario, Canada – Univ. of Toronto
- GA – Univ. of Georgia (Athens, GA)
- AL – Auburn Univ. (Auburn, AL)
- WA – Gonzaga Univ. (Spokane, WA)
- KY – Univ. of Louisville (KY)
- KY – Univ. of Kentucky (Lexington, KY)
- CO – Focus on the Family Institute / Focus Leadership Institute (Colorado Springs, CO)
- CO – Colorado Christian Univ. (Denver, CO)
- PA – Grove City College (Grove City, PA)
- KS – Sterling College (Sterling, KS)
- IL – Wheaton College (Wheaton, IL)
- CA – Chapman Univ. (Orange, CA)
Other College Communities in which Steve Has Engaged in Dialogue with Students through JFA Outreach Events
- OK – University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK)
- CT – Yale University
- GA – Georgia State University
- CA – California State Univ. Fresno
- CA – Fresno City College
- LA – Louisiana State University
Pictures for Marketing Materials
- See http://flickr.com/photos/33048426@N07.
- If none of these pictures suits your needs, call JFA at 800-281-6426.